The Angel Hotel in Market Harborough is a former coaching inn that dates back to the 16th century when the route through Harborough was one of the main north / south highways. The building has retained much of its original charm, although it has been thoroughly modernised with some 21st century comforts.
The hotel has its own car park and is located in the centre of town with many popular restaurants within a short walking distance. The licensed bar is open all day seven days a week and is a popular Harborough meeting spot. The Angel restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, with a quaint and cosy top lounge, allowing residents to unwind and relax after a busy day, as well as offering all day snacks from the bar. The hotel has 28 en-suite rooms including executive doubles, family rooms, doubles, twins and singles.
For business users there are four conference rooms. There are also areas suitable for weddings and large scale gatherings.
Market Harborough itself is just one hour away from London St Pancras by train and is close to many popular Midlands attractions, including Foxton Locks, The National Space Centre, Wicksteed Park and Rutland Water. It is also less than a 30 minute drive from Leicester, Northampton, Rugby, Kettering, Corby, Lutterworth and Oakham. Birmingham, Stratford upon Avon and Nottingham are all under a one hour drive away.
Market Harborough itself regularly tops national polls for being one of the best places to live in the UK. During your visit to the town you will be able to visit the many independent shops as well as national chains including Fat Face, Joules and White Stuff. The town has its own theatre and many bars feature live music and performances from local bands. Many of the buildings on the High Street date back to before the Industrial Revolution, making both the town and the hotel the perfect place to spend a weekend away from it all.
Sitting on the Leicestershire – Northamptonshire border, Market Harborough has direct links to the A14 & M1/M6 link road. We are also ideally placed for those travelling to Leicester and Northampton.
Children welcome from any age.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Night porter
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- Designated smoking area
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in French
- Staff fluent in Polish
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair users
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
SP 732874 52.47961 -0.92360
The Angel Hotel is very accessible from the national motorway network.
Just 12 miles from the M1 - Leave at J20 and follow the A427. When you enter Market Harborough, follow the road to the town centre. When you reach the High street, turn left at the t-junction, and the Angel Hotel is 100 yards on the left.