Stay Play Explore City Break - perfect for Christmas shopping - just £109
For only £109 you and your partner, or perhaps your best friend, can visit Leicester for an indulgent pre-Christmas break. You’ll enjoy overnight accommodation and breakfast at a central hotel and can choose from 3 out of 5 chic city experiences:
Maiyango - cocktail taster session at Maiyango Restaurant from an extensive menu
Belmont Hotel - afternoon tea at The Belmont Hotel - including finger sandwiches, scone served with jam & cream, homemade cakes and a pot of tea or coffee
Memsaab - lunch for two and a soft drink at Memsaab Indian Fine Dining & Champagne Bar
Phoenix - a pair of tickets to the independent cinema, digital gallery and cafe bar, plus a bottle of wine (or drinks to equivalent value) to be enjoyed before, during, or after your chosen film screening
The City Spa - enjoy two mini spas at The City Spa with a choice of 30 minute back massage each (aromatherapy or Swedish) / 30 minute Indian head massage each
Advance experience bookings are essential to ensure availability.
Enjoy 3 of these 5 superb experiences, plus a night’s stay and breakfast at one of the hotels below for just £109 (a saving of up to 60% on normal prices).
Click here for The Ultimate Guide to Christmas in Leicester, or pop into the Visit Leicester Centre...
Holiday Inn Leicester City
Ramada Encore Leicester
Christmas shopping delights
Year round you’ll find shopping heaven in Leicester but at Christmas the city truly sparkles. Explore Highcross Leicester, independent boutiques in The Lanes and St Martin’s Square, the largest covered market in Europe and Belgrave Road’s 'Golden Mile' offering a real taste of India.
A wide range of festivals and contemporary events are scheduled throughout the calendar year. There are packed programmes at Leicester's museums, including New Walk Museum & Art Gallery, and stunning homegrown and touring productions at the city's theatres. Short break visitors should contact the ticket office (0116 242 3595) at the Curve theatre in the Cultural Quarter to enquire about special offers and just a short hop from the city centre, De Montfort Hall offers a wide ranging programme of events from concerts and comedy to ballet and opera (0116 233 3111).
City break visitors are spoilt for nightlife and entertainment choices - start at a Champagne bar, cocktail lounge or live music or comedy venue, before clubbing with big name DJs or retro tunes.
For lovers of fine structures, every June the Love Architecture Festival promotes architecture to the wider public and aims to encourage people to look at the buildings around them in a new and exciting way. Activities in Leicester usually include a meet an architect event, a contemporary architecture guided walk and film screening and discussion.
For those eager to witness stunning architecture all year round, the RIBA Walking Architecture App will prove invaluable, featuring examples of local architecture including Curve, John Lewis, National Space Centre and contemporary buildings based at Leicester’s universities. Guided tours will soon be leading visitors around Leicester’s iconic buildings of historic significance, renaissance and new constructions.
Attractions & info on the go
City museums including Guildhall, Jewry Wall and Newarke Houses contain the finest objects of historical importance. Leicester’s also home to the National Space Centre, the UK's largest attraction dedicated to space with interactive galleries to explore.
You can visit the brand new exhibition at the Guildhall that tells the story of the recent archaeological dig that identified human remains at Greyfriars to be those of King Richard III.
Don’t forget to download the GoLeicestershire iPhone App - handy for pre-planning or during your visit, the app provides latest attraction, experience, events and restaurant listings.
Terms and Conditions
1. This ticket entitles 2 people (aged 18 years or over) to 3 out of the 5 participating experiences.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU BOOK IN ADVANCE TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT:
- Hotel Maiyango - cocktail taster session; enjoy a ‘cocktail flight’ from our extensive menu. Offer is available from 12.00 until 15.00 Wednesday - Saturday, and 18.30 until 21.30 7 days a week. Contact us on 0116 251 88 98 for further options or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Memsaab Indian Fine Dining and Champagne Bar - lunch for two from set lunch menu, plus a soft drink each. Lunch service opening times: Mon - Sat 11.30am to 5pm. Visit www.mem-saableics.com or reserve table at 0116 253 0243.
- The City Spa - two 30 minute spa treatments, one per person, or one person may have both treatments. Choose from 30 minute back massage -choice of Aromatherapy or Swedish, or a 30 minute Indian Head Massage. The double room can be booked, subject to availability. Clients can upgrade to other treatments for a supplement. Valid times: Saturdays 9am to 11am, Tuesday to Friday 9.30am-6pm. Ticket numbers must be provided when booking and a deposit may be taken in case of a no show. Sun/Mon closed. The City Spa 54 Highcross Street, Leicester, LE1 4NN. Please book in advance on telephone 0845 248 9772 or email email@example.com
- Afternoon tea at Belmont Hotel - includes a selection of finger sandwiches, scone served with jam & cream, homemade cakes and a pot of tea or coffee. Served 2-5pm any day of the week. Please call the hotel on 0116 254 4773 at least 48 hours before arrival to pre-book.
- Phoenix - a pair of cinema tickets and a bottle of wine (or drinks to equivalent value) to be enjoyed pre- or during film screening. Please contact the Box Office on 0116 242 2800 for details. Open daily 10am - 11pm. Films subject to availability and showing schedule. 3D screens an additional £1.50 charge per person applies. Call 0116 242 2800.
Note discounted theatre tickets
- Curve Theatre - discounts on tickets may be available to city break bookers. To book in advance please call the Ticket Office on 0116 242 3595 or Visit Leicester Centre on 0844 888 5181. www.curveonline.co.uk.
- De Montfort Hall - for full details of forthcoming events visit www.demontforthall.co.uk. For the Box Office please call 0116 233 3111 or through Visit Leicester Centre on 0844 888 5181.
2. All tickets are stamped with an expiry date and must be redeemed by this date.
3. Each experience is subject to availability and may only be visited once, with one ticket stub presented and retained by each attraction visited to gain the City Break Experience.
4. Tickets cannot be sold or used in conjunction with any third party offer.
5. Please keep your ticket(s) safe as Leicester Shire Promotions or the attractions/hotels participating in this promotion cannot replace lost/misplaced/stolen tickets. Any defacing or changes to this ticket will render it invalid and photocopies are not accepted.
6. This offer is subject to change without notice.
Click here for full terms & conditions or call 0844 888 5181 or 0116 299 4444. Calls will be answered Monday to Saturday 9.30am - 5.30pm and Sundays and Bank Holidays 11am - 5pm. The information line is closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Promoter: Leicester Shire Promotions, 7-9 Every Street, Town Hall Square, Leicester LE1 6AG
Buy a short break package as a gift
Why not treat your loved ones to a £109 short break gift voucher for a special occasion?
Choose from Stay Play Explore Family Fun, Gourmet Taste of Leicestershire, Leicester City Break experience and more... Stay Play Explore Theme Parks adventure breaks are just £159.
Valid 1st January to 31st December 2013. Buy online or from the Visit Leicester Centre on 0844 888 5181 / 0116 299 4444.
Win a Short Break!
Enter our FREE competition and you could win one of our short break packages - choose from any of our Stay Play Explore short breaks either for a family of four or for a couple.