Mount St Bernard Abbey
Set in a beautifully elevated position in Charnwood Forest. It was the first catholic abbey to be founded in this country since the Reformation. Includes gardens, High Calvary, shop and Abbey Church.
3 miles from Coalville, 6 miles from Loughborough and 12 miles from Leicester city centre.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||The abbey is open daily until 7.30pm. The shop is open 11am - 12 noon and 2.30pm - 5pm every day except Sundays.|
ContactMount St Bernard Abbey
01530 832 298
VenueMount St Bernard Abbey
Oaks-In-Charnwood, Coalville, Leicestershire, N/A
Map reference: SK 457161 Lat: 52.74123 Long: -1.32407
Approx 2.5 miles from Coalville town centre.
Parking : free
Nearest station : 6 miles (9.7 kms) from Loughborough station
Also at this venue
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Ramp to entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system