FINALISTS TO COMPETE FOR EXCELLENCE IN TOURISM AWARDS
38 finalists will compete in 11 categories for the Leicester and Leicestershire Excellence in Tourism Awards 2015. The shortlisted finalists include B&Bs, hotels, visitor attractions, restaurants and pubs from across the city and county.
The fifth annual awards will be hosted by Leicester Shire Promotions and are part of the Leicester Business Festival 2015. The ceremony will take place on Thursday 5 November 2015 at the Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel.
The shortlisted finalists in each category are:
- Access for All – Attenborough Arts Centre, Charnwood Museum, National Space Centre
- Accommodation Provider of the Year - Kilworth House Hotel, College Court, The Link Hotel, Best Western Plus Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club, Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, Days Inn Leicester Forest East, Badgers Mount Hotel
- Business Tourism - College Court, imago
- Holiday Park/Self-Catering Holiday of the Year - Eye Kettleby Lakes, Dandelion Hideaway
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year - King Richard III Visitor Centre, Curve, National Space Centre, Bradgate Park, Leicester Cathedral
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year - Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre, Stoneywell, The Boilerhouse, Wistow Maze, Melton Theatre • Sustainable Tourism - Eye Kettleby Lakes, Horseshoe Cottage Farm
- Taste of England - 34 Windsor Street, Melton Promotions, The Grey Lady, National Space Centre, The White Peacock
- Tourism Event of the Year - Melton Mowbray Victorian Fayre, Foxton Locks Festival, Haunted Heritage
- Tourism Experience of the Year - Hawkwise Falconry, Cocoa Amore, Market Bosworth, King Richard III Reinterment
- Tourism Pub of the Year - Foxton Locks Inn, The Belper Arms
Martin Peters, Chief Executive of Leicester Shire Promotions said: “The quality of applications received this year was of a particularly high standard and judges were faced with a significant challenge to select the finalists in each category. The finalists represent the cream of the local tourism industry and we wish the best of luck to all finalists for the awards ceremony on 5 November.”
Winners on the night will then be re-judged for the national VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2016. In the 2015 VisitEngland awards, four local businesses made it through to the finals including Gold Award winner, Hotel Maiyango, as well as The Dandelion Hideaway, The Exchange and the National Space Centre.
This autumn’s inaugural Leicester Business Festival (LBF) runs from 26 October to 6 November 2015 and was instigated by the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP), a business-led partnership between the public and private sector looking to drive economic growth across the region. For more details, visit http://leicesterbusinessfestival.com