Trace your family history
Researching your family history
Here is a small sample of the resources that are held at Whitwick Historical Group available for researching your family history.
Visit the Old Station if you can, our friendly and knowledgeable group members will be happy to help you with your research*.
- Some transcripts of Whitwick, Swannington, Thringstone and Coleorton Parish Registers
- Catholic baptisms and burials at Holy Cross, Whitwick
- Whitwick Church of England and Holy Cross School records and log books
- Local cemetery records
- Some 20th century electoral rolls
- Leicestershire marriages 1801 - 1837
- Many local Census returns including 1901 for the whole of Leicestershire on fiche
- Some 19th century Leicestershire burials
- 1881 census for the whole country including Scotland and Wales
- Complete census returns for several years for Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Warwickshire
- Files for individual families and other records not available elsewhere
- Photographs of local people and much more
* there is a suggested donation request of £2 per session for non-members
The Whitwick Historical Group is open to the public on Tuesday evenings 7.00pm - 9.00pm, Wednesday mornings 10am - 12noon & Saturday mornings 10.00am - 12noon. Just call in to see us.
We can also open at other times by special arrangement, and for small groups. Call us to make an appointment.
We are a group run entirely by volunteers and suggest that users of Whitwick Historical Group may wish to make a donation when using our resources. Thank you.